Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

It's 1979 all over again.....

Iran vs. Britain. I was listening to the news this morning while reading the paper. The anchor caught my attention when he began updating the current situation between the Brits and the Iranians. He re-hashed the video testimonies given by the captured marines describing how they were caught in Iranian waters and that the detainees agreed with their captors in that they were in the wrong. The picture on the screen changed to coverage of the protests outside the British Embassy in Iran...all I could think of was how similar that picture looked to the protests that took place outside the American Embassy 28 years ago. We all know where that one ended up. What a world we currently live in.....can we as human beings survive despite ourselves?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, Don't think so! I am looking into being frozen along with Ted Williams' brain so that I can come back a million years after the nuclear holocaust and give it another go. How's that for a plan?

;-)

Mike said...

I agree...we ain't gonna make it. Maybe I can launch into space and return after the apes have taken over..of course some fanatical faction of mutated humans would again screw things up and destroy that world as well...