Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Obama...Oval Office...Big Chair. Now the work begins.

Well....the democrats should be quite satisfied after the complete trouncing they took 4 years ago.
Obama and the Dems won with authority and then some.
Palin eventually caused the implosion of the Republican party...and now everything is right with the world.
My only caution people is the simple fact this country as well as the world is pretty fucked up right now.
To think that this one individual is going to be the 2nd coming is ludicrous.

I watched the acceptance party for Obama and although I was happy to see him win (I did vote for him after all); I thought all the bawling, raising hands to the sky, and the praise Jesus crap that was going on amongst the crowd was a bit much.
And Oprah....not gonna even go there.
The guy isn't a god after all and these people looked like they were a witness to some divine event.
Come on....a divine event?
If anything, the American people finally pulled their heads outta their assess and spoke up for once.
This election was quoted as seeing one of the largest voters turn outs in history.
I guess my question is where the fuck were all you morons 4 years ago?
Did we really have to go through another 4 years of that W. fuck before you finally figured it was the right thing to vote.
How dare you people....how dare you!!!!!
People say voting is a privilege.....it is a duty you schmucks...a duty...do you hear?!!!!
Freedom and democracy is a fragile thing..and we are fortunate to be here enjoying our rights.
Again....I hope and pray that Obama is the man we all think he is.
Is he capable of leading this country out of the funk that we are in?
For the sake of my 401(k), I hope so.
More importantly are you (yes you reading this blog) willing to do what it takes to help bring this country out of the funk that it's in?
Time will tell my friends...time will tell.
I'll see you all in four years when I'll ask all of you if you are better off now than you were four years ago.
My hope is that we all answer with a resounding yes.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Amen! Er . . . sorry. Not a divine event.

Mike said...

Man...I hope this guy can do it.