Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

My mom

A friend of mine posted an entry about his mom retiring. Mrs. B was one of my pseudo parents growing up, to tell you the truth I actually had 3 moms growing up. Mrs. B, Mrs. D, and my mom Mrs. J. My mom has had a pretty tough year. She suffers from rheumatoid arthritis that can leave her completely immobile due to the pain in her joints. Earlier this year she had a bad spell and was for all intents and purposes stuck in the house, only able to make it from the bed into the living room and back. She spent days laying in bed cause that is all she could do. Another hit she took this year was her oldest brother dying. It was sudden and her and my dad dropped everything and headed to Nashville to help with the arrangements and bury her brother. The final hit came two weeks ago when another of her brothers died quite suddenly. Again, her and my dad dropped everything to head down to Nashville to bury another of her family. Now my point is not to depress anyone reading this blog...although I doubt very seriously that I have that large of a fan base, rather to point out the strength my mom possess. She is stronger than I ever will be. Through all this stuff that she has experienced over the last year..she remains dedicated to her family. Thank you mom for all you have done for me. I love you.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Strong she may be, but we also know she can hear everything. In fact, I bet she can hear me typing right now.

What a terrible year. Ihope this next one treats her (and all of us) a lot better.

Glad to see you back.

Mike said...

Good to be back. We take it a day at a time.