Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Done as a Society...part III

I have tried to hold my tongue and not flip out over the freakin caucus crap going on in this country of ours. It has gotten to the point where I can't take the stupidity anymore. For this particular blog entry I will leave those Republican sum biotches alone and focus my rage on the stoopid Dumbocrats. One short positive note...I have lived to see the day when an African American and a Woman are running for president. Up until recently I was amazed that we actually were on the edge of making history as a nation, then the fuckin bottom dropped out. I heard a news report commenting on a few things the candidates had said or at least how they had been interpreted. Obama had called Hilary out for playing the gender card, and Hilary had all but called Obama out for playing the race card. Could this actually be happening??? I can't stand it...please...please....please just focus on the issues you morons...that is what the people care about..not yer petty personal differences.

Hope is lost....I am moving to Canada.

5 comments:

Jason said...

You're right. It's pathetic.

But I'm still picking Obama over Hillary-bot.

And you were right to bypass the Elephants. They suck top to bottom.

Mike said...

I can't bring myself to vote for Hilarity. I do like Obama but he nuked himself when he played the damn card. Oh well...such is the society in which we live.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty apathetic about the choice between Hill and Obama, though I am pleasantly surprised that I am in the position of choosing between a woman and a black man that does not sound like Rev. Al Sharpton at any time. I am scared that both of these two are unelectable. Hill for being Hill (and all of the baggage that comes along with that), and Obama for being a little too generous with the melanin.

I will have to say, though I am no friend of the Elephants, I could vote for McCain. Even though I don't agree with his stance on Iraq, I do understand it. He said all along that we needed more troops from the get go in Iraq if we were going to finish the job, and I believe that was correct (excepting the whole dubious logic of invading a sovereign nation because we didn't like the dirtbag that ran it). So he is consistent and sticks to his position. I can respect that. He is also a moderate. Which I support no matter which party you belong to. John McCain is less polarizing than anyone on the Dem ticket and there is something to be said for that. Would I vote for him if he could actually win his crazy party's nomination? Maybe. He has got to be a damned site better than W. I wish he had won his party's nomination in 2000, I can tell you that for sure.

Jason said...

Out of curiosity I visited each of the candidates' websites, and neither is addressing the playing of the cards in either direction.

It seemed to me as I read the stories about the exchanges that neither candidate said much of anything about these issues. Their campaigns and people associated with them took care of the mudslinging.

I'm not sure what that does for the issues, or for the integrity of either candidate.

I'm sort of with you on McCain, Dave, but he's changed a lot in the last eight years. His opportunistic stabs at appealing to the Religious Reich bother me, and some of the McCain-Feingold fallout has been less than desirable.

I just realized I'm not saying anything really concrete here. Too early in the morning. I'll be back when my brain activates.

How's 2019 sound?

Jerry said...

Fuck Canada. . .too cold. I am heading to Mexico!