Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

A new year...a group of resolutions

Well people it is a new year. It is that time when all of us look back on the previous year and judge ourselves. I have taken the look back and reviewed my progress as a member of society, a father, a husband, a friend, and a son. The following is a list of things I would like to improve upon as I continue this journey of life.

I vow to continue the work outs that I have fired up again as of 2 weeks into December. I think I have hit the 21 days it takes top make something a habit if you believe that bullshit. My family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, and massively high cholesterol should be sufficient to keep the fear foremost in my brain. Not to mention the health scare I had earlier in December where I actually thought I was having a heart attack (I digress).

I need to make sure we spend more quality time as a family. Last Friday we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and games and we had a great time. My son likes playing the game where you roll the balls up into the big loops to get points. He hasn't quite got the hang of it yet as his rendition of the game is to take said ball, walk up to the loops and whip the ball overhand into the loops. Although he has an unorthodox way of playing the game, he did hit the 10,000 point loop five times resulting in a massive amount of tickets.

I need to spend more quality time with the wife. Insert evil laugh here.

I need to find a hobby of some sort. This has been a tough one as I am not really interested in any one thing enough to exert enough effort constituting hobby status. My problem is a get bored with things very quickly...a result of an obvious attention deficit disorder (what was I just thinking about?)

Last..but not least I am am going to take a brighter, more tolerant look at society. I admit that many of the blog entries from last year were a bit over the top and I am turning over a new leaf. You get nothing but duckies and bunnies from this kid from here on out. I must be tolerant of my fellow people and accept them as a whole without prejudice and judgement.

Actually, who I am kidding.

Society..look out cause there is a new Shire Reeve in town and he is just waiting to bust a foot off in yer ass the minute you do something fucking stupid. You have been forewarned. And for all you fuckers out there that are thinking right now, who does this chump think he is, and what right does he have to scoff at us. It's America jerk off...if you don't like it change the fuckin channel, there ain't a gun to yer freakin empty cranium. Ya see chuckle head it's called democracy. You have your opinion and outlook on life and I have mine. You may look up at the sky and in that freakin small head of yours believe it's green..that's your deal. I would look at you and let you know yer full of shit, that's the way it works.

All opinions expressed on this blog are those of the owner of said blog and most definitely not that of yours. Deal with that one pin head.

3 comments:

Nik said...

Here here! Very well said. Your son has very good taste - I too am a big skee-ball fan, tho I am jealous of the multiple 10K hits he got. You've got some raw talent there! Perhaps a future Twins pitcher?? =)

As for the "health scare" - hope all is well for you. =)

Jason said...

So what's this "thought you were having a heart attack" nonsense?

We'll have none of that.

Mike said...

Not entirely sure what the hell it actually was. I had a plethora of tests run after that episode to no avail. Since then I have been an exercise nut and I am feeling pretty good these days. I must continue on this journey to a more in shape Mike.