Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Gloucester....what the?????



In past blogs I have made the statement that I weep for the future. After this story broke this week, I have to say I weep for the present. I was absolutely in awe of the pure stupidity of teenage girls in this town, for the life of me I can't connect the dots. What are these girls thinking? Is this the ultimate example of a high school cliche? The jocks, the nerds, the dirt bags, the smarts, and now the knocked up hoes? Come on people...someone help me for I am sinking into a a new level of anger and frustration with the youth of today as well as there dumb ass parents. Typically I shake my head at the dip shit kids that live in my neighborhood as they are a certain breed of asshole (even though I remember being somewhat of an asshole as well).

I realize that there are some level headed, polite, and respectful kids out there and to those kids I tip my hat. It was hard to be a kid when I was growing up, however the dynamic world that these kids have to grow up in is tougher than when I was younger. We parents are in a tough spot having not only having to deal with this fucked up rock we live on, but try to understand and support our kids so they are enabled to make the right decision when some stupid slut they are hanging out with says, "let's all get knocked up".

This is really a symptom of a greater problem. WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?????? Are these girls really that starved for love and acceptance from their parents that they believe the only way to get that is to have a freakin baby? Maybe it's just something in the water in Gloucester, or maybe each of these kids lived under power lines, or maybe they all ate paint chips as a kid, or maybe they all had a dream of getting knocked up by a homeless person (this is no slam on the homeless, many of them are good people on hard times), or maybe...just maybe their parents are self absorbed morons. How do you miss something like this? Have you checked your kids arms for track marks? Maybe a better question is, have you talked to your kids in that last month about anything?

Alright...I know I sound holier than thou right now...I am just confused people. Being the parent of a three and two year old...I hope I can do a good enough job to prepare my kids for the world they will eventually face. At the moment of truth, I hope they can make the right decision

Pay attention to your kids, talk them, ask them questions, spend time with them, take an interest in something that they are interested in, be there for them, love them...in short BE A PARENT!!!!!

My sermon has ended...picture me stepping down from my holier than though soap box.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm with you, man. People suck.

And I'm glad I couldn't get pregnant at 15, because I'd have been trying like crazy.

I think.