Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Obama.

I would like to make it known for the record that I voted for Obama. This country needs a change. 8 years of George Bush has brought us to our knees. Whether he followed his conscious or not...we are in pretty bad shape. Anyway....Obama. Here is the problem I am having; Obamamania is sweeping the nation. Why is that a bad thing you ask? It is starting to feel like a cult movement. I was up a little late last weekend and caught a commercial hosted by Montel Williams who was proud to be offering presidential coins with Barack's likeness on them. That part isn't the scary part. The part I took issue with is the fact that his face was right beside George Washington's. What possible comparison can there be between George and Obama? George has accomplished something (Father of our country, founding member of our government, etc.) What exactly has Obama done? Well due to the fact that he has not taken office yet..from a presidential perspective he hasn't done anything yet. Other things that I scratch my head about are comparison's between Obama and Abe. WHAT??? What comparison??? They both spent time in Illinois?

I hope all the hype is warranted. I really do. How long will the hysteria last as he takes office and things don't happen fast enough for the masses? I guess we'll find out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MIke,

Though I failed to catch Montel pimping Obama-dollars, I do sympathize. Hype is nobody's friend and I guess I am only comforted by the fact that Obama seems to be a truly thoughtful human being, who will hopefully be unaffected by all the crowing.

Come Jan 21st, This becomes serious business, and the fact is that results will speak louder than all of the hype in the world. The only thing the hype does positively is put pressure on all the ne'er-do-wellers to get the hell out of his way so that we can put the train back on the tracks again.

Dave

Jason said...

What Dave said.

And Obama seems to be off to a good start.

Also, I wonder how long it will be before "Obama" is no longer flagged by spell-check.

Mike said...

My fear is that the hype will catch up and cripple any forward movement.

I like what I have seen so far, let's hope it continues.