Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Friday, October 26, 2007

A day off, however not a day of rest....

I was at work yesterday running through emails, answering phone calls, putting out fires, etc. Actually, I should stop and thank the travel gods about actually being in town for once. During the typical chaos of the day, I had a brief moment where I realized that my calendar was completely clean for today. The thought poppped, could I actually have a day where there are no meetings scheduled? I was looking at something that rarely happens. I blocked the time before anyone could jam something on it. I was home free...free to do anything I wanted...free...free...free. Well..reality hit this morning when my daughter woke up my wife and I bright and early...so no sleeping in was possible. I forced myself out of bed and took a shower at the same time I usually take a shower..man I was on a day off right? I came downstairs to the same chaos that I usually do...my wife battling our kids to eat their breakfast. I sat down to my cup of coffee when my wife said, "let's go, we have to get to the doctor for the kids check up". My day off was starting to look bleak. Then all the things that I have had no time to do started creeping into my head, and soon I had a list of 8 or 9 things to do. Was I sure that this was a day off, I am not at work right? Oh well such is life....

1 comment:

Jerry said...

I know exactly how that goes. It is hard for me to just sit back and relax. Even if I plan nothing for a day I seem to have stuff plan itself for me.