Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Monday, October 01, 2007

My son the monkey



My son has learned his skill. He has the god given talent to scale any object, preferably something that will assist him in gaining any altitude higher than his mere 26 inch frame will allow. Over the weekend it rained here....when I say rained..it poured basically day and night. I emptied the rain gauge each morning and each time it had no less than 3/4 of an inch each time. Long story longer, the plethora of rain caused a situation where the kids were forced to stay inside over the weekend. Because of this..a serious case of stir crazy was upon us mid-way through Saturday afternoon. One of the symptoms that first reared it's ugly head was my son's aptitude for climbing. Anything was game; stairs, chairs, tables, ladders, my leg, my wife's leg, the kitchen cabinets, the railings, you name it and he was climbing it. Now, it would have been tolerable had he only climbed things. Unfortunately, his climbing things ultimately had an ulterior motive. Out of all the things that he enjoys climbing on, his favorite is by far the kitchen table. He begins by pulling one of the chairs out, climbing on top of that, and then onto the top of the table. Late Saturday afternoon, I came downstairs, turned the corner, and who happened to be sitting on the table but my son. The minute I hit the hard wood floor, his head turned and his expression was similar to our friend pictured in the upper left corner of this blog entry. Dad had come down just in time to discover that my son had emptied the contents of the salt shaker onto his head and all over the table. He had been joined in the crime scene by his accomplice, Hobbes the Cat who was doing his best to lick up all the evidence. BUSTED! All I could do was laugh. What was that kid thinkin?

6 comments:

Jerry said...

That is a great mental picture. I have busted my cats on the table before so I can imagine your son's surprise. Thanks for the chuckle.

Mike said...

No problem..this kid is and forever will be a handfull, that is for certain.

Jerry said...

You reap what you sow my friend. Why do you think I don't have any??

Mike said...

Because you are a man of great wisdom.

Jason said...

Wait--the son has the ability to scale objects. Does that include libraries?

Like father, like son . . .

Nik said...

Careful.... the monkeys are taking over. Perhaps your son has become "one of them".

::snicker::

Aliens... I seen 'em.