Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Done as a society....

I have now seen it all. I am writing this to you during a commercial break from a recently created Peanuts special. In the last scene prior to the current break I witnessed Rerun (supposedly Linus and Lucy's little brother) get suspended from school due to harrassment. A girl in his class was depressed, he told her they should run away to Paris. She thought it was funny so she told her Mom who told the teacher who told the Principal. The Principal called Rerun to the office and then suspended him and sent him home...FOR HARRASSMENT!!!!

What the H...E...Double toothpicks is up with the world? What happened to just the classic Peanuts Specials? What the hell is it with these rip off bootleg new versions of the cartoons that don't come close to the originals?

HARRASSMENT?????? When are we going to see snoopy going to jail for being a Peeping Tom? When are we going to see the episode where the rest of the gang has to do an intervention because Schreoder is hopped up on shrooms all the time? And god forbid they actaully make Pig Pen take a bath because some assfuck out there is offended by it.

Again..I weep for the future....

Hey Humanity...pull yer heads outta yer asses and realize how fucked up you all are!!!!

3 comments:

Nik said...

Hey, at least they haven't had the "Very Special Peanuts" where they out Peppermint Patty & Marcie.

I can just hear the Teacher now...

"Wah wah wahwah wah wah..."

Good Grief!

Anonymous said...

With a name like Peppermint Patty, she's gotta be good!! "Very special Peanuts"? Very funny!

Mike,
As someone who is following in your footsteps with the kid thing, I think I am in for a real shock at the bastardization of our animation classics (not just the Christmas ones). Unfortunately, we live in a world where Coyote no longer gets hit with the anvil. I think the anvil politely warns him on the way down now and he quietly steps aside.

I put the "How the grinch sold christmas" DVD on my x-mas list this year so that I can begin compiling the X-mas classics that are no longer shown on real TV to show my son. There will be no trip to the Principal's office for harassment in this house, damnit!

By the way, Mike. What you wrote was the funniest thing I have read in a little while. Well done, and right on target.

Mike said...

Dave..it is very sad to see the originals torn to shreds. Get them on DVD whilst you can so that your children can enjoy them as they were meant to be.