Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Friday, December 14, 2007

It's a wonderful life....thanks Jimmy

Over the past couple of days my faith in humanity has been challenged to the hilt. The whole Peanuts episode nearly ended me. Well tonight it's Friday and the weekend is before me. Two days to relax...forget about work and re-charge. What better way to begin the weekend than sitting down to the classic "It's a wonderful Life". Jimmy Stewart is one of my all time favorite actors. You won't find another actor gifted with such a natural delivery. This movie is one of his best in my opinion. I just saw my favorite scene where George and Mary get married and were about to leave for their honeymoon when old man Potter attempts to close the Building and Loan. George and Marry forgo their honeymoon to provide the frightened people of Bedford Falls with the money they so desperately need. After George and his uncle successfully keep the Building and Loan from certain doom, he gets a call from his wife instructing him to their new home. That home being the old broken down house that George threw rocks at during he and Mary's first date. It may be quirky, however my favorite scene is when George walks up to the front door where the doorman leans back tipping his hat with the door frame only to have George look down letting the water from the brim of his hat poor into the doorman's open hand. Like I said..maybe quirky, however for me it's the little things in movies that make them for me. If someone is creative enough to insert these little things into a movie, it's the best. Anyway...Happy Holidays everyone, even those folks that manage to piss me off each and every day.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Tonight we watched "The Year With No Santa Claus." You're right. Sometimes you just have to go back to the basics.

I'm Mister Heat Miser. I'm Mister Sun . . .

Nik said...

Ahhhhh... It's a Wonderful Life is, perhaps, one of my all time favorite movies. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when little Georgie saves Mr. Gower from poisoning the family with rat poison after his son died. The range of emotions there was great. And lest we forget that Alfalfa of the Lil' Rascals was in it too! ;-)

Oh, & Jas? I have THE best version of the Heat Miser song... done by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. =) I'll try to put it up.

Buffalo gal won't you come out tonight, come out tonight... buffalo gal won't you come out toniiiight... & dance by the light of the moon!

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.