Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Here we are at a Crossroads...




Well friends....my team is at a crucial juncture in this roller coaster season. I for one 4 weeks ago would never have thought the Vikes would be anywhere in the near vicinity of where they are now. As hard as it is for me to admit, I think I have to thank the Green Bay Packers for the reality check they gave the Vikings in that 34-0 ass whoopin. I really think that was the turning point for this team. I had no hope for TJack as a quarterback, our multi-million dollar front line was not living up to the dollars that were being spent, Childress was completely defunct ed, and my thoughts had already gone to next season. Having been a Vikings fan all my life through the bad and the worse, I have had my heart broken by this team year in and year out. I still cringe when I think about '98 when we fucked that up and thank Zeus that I was not old enough to remember the 4 failed Superbowls.

Over the last 4 weeks the Vikes have shown something we all thought was gone, life. Not perfect life mind you, but life non the less. TJack almost overnight looks like he is actually somewhat coherent in the pocket, the front line has turned into a purple moving crew, the one two punch of Peterson and Taylor is best in the league, and the defensive secondary is providing something I'm still shocked to see...coverage. I will refrain from comments about the special teams...for they suck rocks (oops I guess that was a comment). Oh well..as I said, here we go again as we begin to hope against all hope that the Football Gods are looking down on us with favor, while knowing full well that those hopes will be destroyed when the gods turn on us in normal fashion. A mighty swing of their swords will separate our heads from our bodies like a scene out of Highlander. There they will stand over our headless and crumpled corpses as the Quickening lays waste to our football souls sending us once again into the abyss of football purgatory. There we will spend the off season roaming the underworld headless and soulless hoping against hope that next season will be different. Oh the humanity of it all.

But first things first..We MUST crush the Bears of Chicago leaving them broken and bloody on the field this Monday so that all witness what they face in our wrath. For we will show our adversary's no mercy in our quest for victory in Valhalla (Phoenix). Skol Vikings....SKOL!!!!!!

No comments: