Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Done as a Society...part II

Listening to the radio today on the way home from work I heard something that I at first thought was a joke. As the radio host returned from the network pause for identification he re-visited the topic that I thought I had just heard. A company in California has opened the first of many rent-a-pet franchises. The basis is that anyone that can't handle the every day responsibility of owning their own pet can simply rent one for a day...a weekend...whatever. Unbelievable...now we have disposable pets. Can we finally admit that we are most likely not fit for survival as a species? Of all the fake, trendy, piece of shit, fucking ridiculous concepts. As you probably can guess, it ain't cheap to do this either. My question is...are there people in this world who are actually willing to pay for a rent a pet? WTF people...please stop this merry go round for I am getting ill. HEY HUMANITY...FUCK OFF...THERE IS NO HOPE FOR ANY OF YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Nik said...

Sad to say my friend, "disposable pets" have been around for a very long time. Take a look at any back yard with a poor dog chained in it, the collar so small that it's digging in to the fur.

My own furbaby, Zippy, was a "Christmas present" for a 5 & a 3 year old. After the kids got bored with her in, oh MAY of the following year, off she went to the Humane Society as being "not housetrained". What a crock. Someday I'd love to meet those idiots & slap the living hell out of them.

/end rant