Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Monday, March 03, 2008

It's March...bout freakin time

Thank the Maker..it's March. Spring is close and it can't come to soon. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy winter and the snow and everything it's just that by the time February comes along I am so sick of winter, snow, and the wind chills I feel like going Jack Nicholson in The Shining. For the last month or so, I have been going completely stir crazy waiting for the weather to warm up and spring to arrive. I was even depressed when I heard that stupid groundhog saw his freakin shadow.

Well....this weekend is daylight savings time again. I ain't even gonna be pissed about losing an hour of sleep, as long as we have longer daylight. I can't wait until I can drive with the windows down, sleep with the windows open, hell I am even looking forward to mowing the fuckin lawn. I look forward to sitting on my deck, beer in hand, listening to the birds chirping, my kids playing in the yard, and the smell of burgers grilling. My idea of heaven...so hurry up dammit!!!!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Mike-
We have all of that--except for the lawn-mowing. You guys should come down to visit. Of course, this is the optimal time (since we have what you guys won't for a couple months), but we'd like to see you.

Mike said...

My next trip to either Dallas or Ardmore...I'll make a longer week of it and come up for a spell..preferably over a weekend. I'll let you know.

Nik said...

You forgot one thing my friend, on your list of summer-fun activities: storms! =)

Jason said...

Yeah, Michele found out the other week that NSSL (a mile down the road from us) does public tours.

Hehe.