Hey, this is my place. Grab a seat and relax for a bit. If you are expecting deep philosophical blather you are going to be dissappointed. You have been warned as some of the opinions discussed on this blog are the opinions of the owner and may or may not align with your own.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Let's get something straight...

I don't like talking politics....I see it as pointless blather really. There is one thing that is bothering me though. If anyone truly thinks that if a Democrat wins the White house that the troops will all be coming home may be suffering from delusions. Don't kid yerselves people...I want our kids home too, however I don't see it happening. Each time Obama or Hilary make that claim I have to chuckle a bit, particularly when the crowd erupts with thunderous applause. Are these people that blind?

Now...now...all you bleedin heart liberals need not start calling for my head or jack my taxes up to all time highs. I ain't saying the 'publicans are right and I sure ain't supporting that bozo currently occupying the Oval Office. That moron has completely destroyed America's credibility such that whoever does win the office faces an insurmountable task of bringing us back from the shit that we are in. Not only do they have do some major...and I mean MAJOR damage control, they still have to address terrorism, the housing crisis (don't get me started on that topic..I want to puke every time I hear "poor me I can't afford my house anymore"...(YA SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT BEYOND YER MEANS DIPSHIT), the recession (yes we are folks..maybe if we don't talk about it or say that word it will go away...you fucking morons), education, taxes (fucking gas tax), global warming (oh wait..that doesn't exist), Russia (you think that bomber fly over was just for fun?), North Korea (that guys is nuts...does he think those glasses are cool), Iran (he is crazy too), oh hell....the rest of the world that doesn't like us very much. Whoever does win the contest is in for a heap of shit that is for certain.

I look at my kids and pray for their future and that it is there for them. Our world is a fucked up place....will we make it or won't we..who knows. All I can do is hope I guess.

It's either that or I should put my money where my mouth is and run for office and make something happen. Nah...just kidding. Cripes I could hear the gasps from here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the most part I have to say ... Testify, Brother MIke. I think invading a sovereign nation (that would be Iraq) because we didn't like the dirtbag that ran it (that would be Saddam) was a piss-poor move. But anyone who thinks pulling out wholesale now is a responsible (or likely) move is kidding themselves a bit. Ain't gonna happen whether its Hill-bot or Obama (or Jonny Mac). More troops may come home sooner, but not a lot more and not a lot sooner. The "Colin Powell/Pottery Barn" rule still applies, "you broke it, you bought it". Unfortunately, we stumbled into Mesopotamia like a bull in a china shop, and now we bought it to the tune of $12B a month (its a good thing that the Chinese are financing that for us, huh).

I just hope that all of the cash my wife and I are putting in the stock market to send our son to college and retire with will still be worth a shit when it matters. Maybe we should start buying gold bars and hoarding them in the crawl space instead (right next to our duct tape and plastic sheets, in case of a biological/chemical attack ;-)

Jason said...

I can't help but chuckle whenever people connect liberals with higher taxes. For the last thirty years both spending and taxes have risen more under Republican presidents than they have under Democrats.

Nobody wants higher taxes. That's a conservative smear. The real crime liberals are guilty of is letting it go unchallenged.

But, yeah. these campaigns are oversimplifying everything. To our detriment, as usual.

Mike said...

All the stock market is doing is giving me nightmares. I watch each day as BBY stock continues to tank making the options I have in the company become worth less than the paper they are written on. As for the tax thing...eveyone fucks with the taxes..Demo and Repub..we are left to whip in the wind. I ain't sayin I know what the right thing is to do....just don't really trust either side to tell you the truth.